New Hampshire Women’s Foundation posts open positions at our organization as well as other openings women in the Granite State might want to know about.
The New Hampshire Women’s Foundation is seeking interns whose values align with our mission and who have demonstrated commitment to issues affecting New Hampshire women and girls. Our interns participate meaningfully in all areas of the foundation’s work, including grants, research, advocacy, communications, development, events, and administration. They are a tremendous support to our team!
- Responsibilities vary based on the intern’s education and experience. Applicants will have the opportunity to specify which work they are particularly interested in, along with their related skills and experience.
- Like all foundation staff, interns will handle administrative projects as part of their responsibilities, including tasks such as scanning, copying, data entry, and preparing mailings.
An Ideal Candidate Must:
- Possess strong academic credentials; we consider applications from high school, college, and graduate students
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Remain flexible and adjust to changing priorities and a fast-paced work environment
- Have strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and problem-solving ability
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess self-discipline and have time management skills necessary to work on multiple projects
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel; additional technical skills are desirable
- Be energetic and enthusiastic about the foundation’s mission
Our internships are unpaid. We strongly encourage using this position for academic credit if possible under the rules of the applicant’s academic institution. The foundation will cooperate with the applicant and/or the applicant’s academic institution to secure academic credit and/or funding (such as work study or fellowship funding). This position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and learn the inner workings of a small nonprofit.
Program Manager – CASA of New Hampshire – Full Time
CASA of New Hampshire is seeking a full-time Program Manager for our Manchester office to supervise volunteer advocates in Greater Manchester and Greater Nashua. This position is responsible for the training and supervision of CASA volunteer advocates appointed by the NH Family Courts in child abuse and neglect cases. The candidate must be a flexible team player willing to travel in-state and work with adult volunteers. Candidate should have a at least a bachelor’s degree and experience in some or all of the following areas; volunteer supervision/training, and juvenile justice/child welfare system.
How to Apply:
For a full job description and application instructions, visit www.casanh.org/jobs.
Reply with resume to: email@example.com
Nationwide Federal Government Contractor seeks:
Job Title: Part Time Cleaner
Reports To: Local and Corporate Supervisor
Cleaner for Government Office in Conway, NH
Wage: Based on Federal Wage Guidelines
Evenings, Monday – Friday (may require occasional Saturday and Sunday. Times may vary)
BACKGROUND CHECK AND SECURITY CLEARANCE – Must pass security background check and have the ability to pass Federal Government Security Clearance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to feel; reach; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; and talk; or hear.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on an individual’s status as a protected class member.
Retirees welcomed to apply.
Are you ready to make a difference in the life of a girl? Our Circle girls and teens thrive because of the individual connections made, and the long-lasting friendships they keep!
Circle alumna shares: “The Circle Program showed us girls we are capable of anything we put our minds to! They never told us we couldn’t achieve our dreams. They told us we could strive for anything and make it happen. I’ve always tried to remember that when people or obstacles make me want to give up.”
Organization’s Mission: The Circle Program’s mission is to provide socially and economically disadvantaged New Hampshire girls with new opportunities to develop the skills, courage, and confidence they need to handle the challenges in their lives. We do this by offering girls a unique combination of adult and peer support delivered through year-round mentoring and residential summer camp programs. We serve girls and teens in 33 towns from Concord, north to Plymouth.
Office Location: Plymouth, NH Camp Location: Groton, NH
Job Description: The Associate Program Manager will work in close collaboration with the Program Manager to deliver Circle Program services; responsible for assisting with program enrollment; oversight and delivery of summer residential camp curriculum (6-weeks); planning and leading TAP (a week-long Teen Adventure Program for high school girls); and planning and coordinating the school-year programs throughout the year. Camp responsibilities will include staying overnight at Circle Camp for at least 3 weeks. This position reports to the Program Manager and the Executive Director.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience and a passion for working with youth
- An understanding of and proficiency with social media, technology and curriculum building
- Outdoor experience and an understanding of positive youth development
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Possess strong time-management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the development of adolescent girls/teens
- Ability to work and live in a residential summer camp environment
- Flexible work week with some evening and weekend hours required (at least one weekend day every month)
- Plan and facilitate every other month mentor training meetings
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with all constituents
- Ability to develop and implement diverse curriculum for Circle teens
- Assume role of Assistant Camp Program Manager for six weeks
- Organize, manage and lead monthly activities related to life skills for middle school and high school teens
- Work with high school teens on future post-graduation planning
- Collaborate with Program Manager to orient girls in the Core Program as they transition to the Teen Program
- Work with Mentor Coordinator to train new mentors and support mentors
- Assist with Special Events management
- Assist with the collection and organization of camp paperwork for girls and summer staff
- Plan and lead TAP (Teen Adventure Program) camp session
- Document summer programs with photography and video
- Full-time salaried position with compensation commensurate with experience
- Health insurance coverage
- Dental insurance coverage
- Pension plan benefit offered after one full-year of service
- Approved vacation, holidays and compensatory time
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample (not exceeding 1,000 words), and three professional references by mail to Kathleen Kearns, Executive Director, Circle Program, P.O. Box 815, Plymouth, New Hampshire 03264 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions will be accepted by e-mail.
Marketing and Communication Coordinator
Metro Walls was established in 2004 and has grown to one of the leading drywall & framing companies in New England. With the area’s largest workforce and professional management staff, Metro Walls provides quality work to many of the region’s biggest and best construction companies.
Metro Walls Inc. is currently looking to fill an opening in our Marketing and Communications department.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Plan, create, and oversee the design, content, and production of marketing materials
- Develop and produce high-quality press releases, content writing, and related materials.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Develop content for social media, websites, newsletters, press releases
- Work with company Executives to prepare marketing budgets, objectives, and content schedules.
- Must be able to identify media and press opportunities.
- Coordinate company events and functions.
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design/publishing skills are essential.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach
- Full understanding of all primary social media platforms
- Understanding of basic web designs, layouts, and management
- Ability to photograph or coordinate with staff to obtain content and project updates on a regular basis
Part Time or Full Time candidates will be considered. The hours are flexible, and work can be done remotely from home or at the office. Perfect for candidates looking to set their own schedule.
We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary and benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance and company match 401k program.
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Metro Walls – Manchester, NH Portland, ME Burlington, VT
Metro Walls Inc. is currently looking experienced Carpenters, Tapers and Laborers
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- General construction industry experience and knowledge of construction sites
- Ability to perform layout tasks using owner supplied benchmarks and coordinate discrepancies with other sub-trades and project personnel as needed
- Understand and implement all concepts associated with Light Gauge Metal and Wood Framing
- Well versed with typical tools of the trade
- Understand and differentiate wall types and finishes, Levels 1-5
- Capable of understanding concepts and applying product and material to achieve desired finishes, Levels 1-5
- Capable of finish sanding, preparing for paint
- Responsible for quality control measures
- Proactive and self-motivator, willingness to learn the commercial framing and drywall construction disciplines
- Responsible for overall housekeeping and clean-up of company work areas
- Capable of receiving shipments and jobsite deliveries
- Capable of handling materials and equipment
- General assistance to all framing and drywall associated trades and company personnel
- Capable of standing/walking for the majority of the work day, including frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, including overhead, along with pushing and pulling
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 75lbs.
We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary and benefits. Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Metro Walls is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
At Fuss & O’Neill, our mission is to provide our clients with innovative and practical engineering, scientific, and planning solutions to meet their needs. We act together as one company, collaborating to achieve our priorities; we believe diverse viewpoint make for a stronger team; and we support our employees’ professional growth through training and opportunities for increased responsibility. We are currently seeking a Senior Marketing Coordinator to join our team in Manchester, NH.
Visit our website www.fando.com/careers/current_openings to upload your resume and apply online.
Mail your resume to Fuss and O’Neill, Inc., Attention Human Resources
146 Hartford Rd
Manchester, CT 06040
Fuss & O’Neill, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
All offers are contingent upon a successful criminal background check. Fuss & O’Neill participates in the Federal e-Verify program.
Shelter Manager/ Housing First Advocate
This full-time position is responsible for providing crisis intervention, case management, transportation and support services to families living in the agency’s emergency housing program as well as assisting them in finding safe permanent housing. This position will work with community organizations and government entities in Sullivan County to enhance and increase housing options. The ideal candidate will have awareness of the issues of domestic violence, sexual assault, oppression and empowerment and will hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or have related experience. This position is Monday– Friday daytime hours with some on-call work with families in shelter as needed.
Task Force Supervisor
No prior experience is necessary. We will train.
This position is responsible for providing on-call supervision and assistance every other week (Friday- Thursday) to volunteer advocates who staff the agency’s crisis and support line evenings, weekends and Holidays when the offices are closed. Most of this work is done remotely. At times, the Task Force Supervisor will also provide crisis intervention and support services to survivors of domestic and sexual violence and stalking and to families in transition. Additional staff back-up is always available.
Both positions require a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and automobile insurance. Please go to www.turningpointsnetwork.org for the job descriptions. Send resume and cover letter to Amanda@turningpointsnetwork.
Full Time Development Director to promote the organization’s mission and values and grow the base of donor support with a focus on charitable giving, planned giving and the agency’s signature Event. Develop publications and communications that support giving. Implement public relations activities to make Turning Points Network a household name in Sullivan County.
Job description is available at www.turningpointsnetwork.org
Competitive salary and benefits. Send resume and cover letter to Deborah@turningpointsnetwork.
New Hampshire Electric Co-op is the largest member-owned electric cooperative in New England, providing electric utility service to consumers and businesses in 115 communities throughout New Hampshire. Serving our members is at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make, and our mission is to provide our members access to affordable, reliable electric service options that support and simplify their lives. The electric utility industry is currently undergoing enormous change as consumers look for new ways to manage energy costs through renewable energy, distributed energy resources such as solar arrays and battery storage, energy efficiency, electric vehicles.
Please see the NHEC site for current openings.
New England Offices
See listings here: https://www.hoyletanner.com/careers/
Hoyle, Tanner’s staff consists of Professional Engineers, planners, technicians and support staff. Our team of professionals provides municipal, state and federal clients with quality civil, structural, environmental, transportation and aviation, planning and engineering. We emphasize the development of creative, cost-effective, results-oriented solutions to planning and design projects. We strive to provide our clients with quality services delivered on time, and on budget resulting in successful projects.
Our vision is to provide innovative, collaborative and sustainable engineering and planning solutions to the challenges our clients face, while enhancing the communities in which we work and live. We strive to uphold the highest ethical standards while maintaining integrity and respect within our professional relationships. We continue to build a corporate culture that honors and values the individuality and strengths of our team members and our clients. staff.
ME, NH, VT
Pike Industries, Inc. and Redimix Companies regularly feature many job opportunities on their websites. Please see www.pikeindustries.com or www.redimixcompanies.com for a full list along with application information.
Pike Industries, Inc. and Redimix Companies, is an equal opportunity employer. As such, we continually strive to provide employment opportunities to qualified women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans.